View similar documents in the Related pane
Viewing and coding documents in Ringtail has now been enhanced so that documents that are similar to the active document can be displayed in the similar section in the related pane.
Code documents with conditional coding macros
Ringtail’s powerful conditional coding application now allows you to code a document to a predefined set of values by clicking a single button. To create a macro, in the Conditional Coding pane, code a document with the values that you want the macro to contain. Then click the Save current document coding as a macro button
Highlight a full page
Full page document highlighting can now be achieved with just one click of the mouse. To highlight, click the Full page highlight button on the annotations toolbar.
Display Highlight Names in Image Viewer
Ringtail offers you the ability to display highlight names in the Image Viewer in the View pane. Click the Display highlight name button to turn highlight names on or off.
View Chat Documents
Viewing and reviewing chat strings in an easy to understand fashion is now available via Ringtail’s Chat Review capabilities. In the View pane, Ringtail provides the following two types of chat views, called “lite” and “full” chat:
Lite chat: This chat view, shown in the following figure, is available in Formatted content view. The lite chat view appears in color, is streamlined for review, and includes a subset of the chat information.
Full chat: This chat view, shown in the following figure, is available in the Image viewer in the View pane. The full chat view appears in black and white, is appropriate for production, and includes all of the information in the chat file, including, for example, any disclaimer text, or when participants entered or exited the chat.
Native File Viewer
Ringtail’s new Native File Viewer gives users the ability to view documents in the program the files were created in, directly within Ringtail. With the addition of Native File Viewer, users gain access to data that previously would have been unavailable to files converted as PDFs, TIFFs, JPEGs and other static files.
This unlocked data includes:
- Formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Multipage sheet formula tracking in Microsoft Excel
- Hidden Fields in Microsoft Excel
- Slide Notes in Power Point
- Animations in Power Point.
Case Home Enhancement
Ringtail’s new case home provides launching point for all users. All key Ringtail functions can be found on the new case home, along with recent activity and functionality updates to Ringtail.
Conditional Coding Pane
The new conditional coding feature allows you to determine which fields you should code, depending on the values that you provide for related fields. To access this feature, add the Conditional Coding pane to your workspace.
As you code each field in a conditional coding template, the colors of the remaining fields change to indicate which fields you still need to code. Fields that you have already coded appear in green, fields that your case administrator does not expect you to code appear in gray, and fields that must still be coded appear in white.
Usage Summary report
View aggregate data for all of the cases you administer or for specific cases. You can display the total usage summary for a specific date or the net difference for a date range. If you change the date range, click the Apply button to update the table.
Configure columns in the table on the Usage Summary page
All columns appear by default. To display fewer columns, hover over and click the blue arrow next to a column heading to select the columns you want to display, as shown in the following figure. Clear the check boxes for the columns you want to hide.
Hosted Details report
View information about hosted file sizes in gigabytes for all of the cases you administer or for specific cases. You can display the total usage summary for a specific date or the net difference for a date range. If you change the date range, click the Apply button to update the table.
Advanced search - Document loading method
The values field for the Document Created Type system field contains the following four new values to indicate the document import method that populates when new documents are loaded:
- Import - Flat File
- Import - MDB
- Import - SQL
- Ingestions (for all documents, suppressed or unsuppressed, that are loaded using Ingestions)
Quick search - Default option
The first time a user accesses the Quick Search in a case, Document Content is the default search option. If users change their selections, those selections persist for subsequent logins.
View and Code pane - Redact menu in Pages view updated
The Redact menu in Pages view in the View and Code pane now includes labels for the Redaction Style and Redaction Label sections, as shown in the following figure. You can now also filter the redaction labels.
Ringtail users now have greater control in distinguishing production populations using the following rules:
- Endorsable image only
- Native only
- Native with placeholder
- Native with endorsable image
- Custom placeholder: This new rule allows users to identify sets of documents to be produced with a .tiff placeholder that includes custom text.
Production Email Threading – Removing Documents From Threads
Ringtail users can now remove documents from threads. Ringtail automatically reanalyzes the remaining documents and the existing threads adjust accordingly.
Inline Editing: Adding Links To Memo Fields
Inline editing has been enhanced to allow users to create links directly from the memo field on the documents page for simplified use.
Ingestions Summary Report Update
Ringtail users can now view a summary report of documents loaded into Ringtail when an ingestions project completes. The summary report will generate at the completion of an ingestions project even if some steps of the job did not complete successfully highlighting what documents may require additional attention.
A new batch printing option has been added to increase efficiency in PDF creation. By selecting “one document at a time, PDFs named to retain search result sort order”, one PDF will be created per document. The name of the PDF reflects the Document ID for easy identification.
Cubes can be now be created and managed in Ringtail. As an administrator you can now view, add, and delete the following types of row and column dimensions.
- Document Types
- Main Date
- Pick Lists
- Search Term Families
- Yes/No (Booleans)
- Text Field
- Mine Clusters
- Saved Searches
Release Notes Access
Processing Enhancements: Indexing and Enrichment Job Type Updates
Ringtail processing has been updated for greater efficiency in finding as well as updating files and file sizes.
These enhancements allow you to:
- Automatically calculate page file sizes and find content files for documents that were excluded from indexing and that failed indexing.
- Check all documents in the case for new content files and update page file sizes.
You can use the dashboard to:
- View review progress of all documents or document segments in a case
- Understand coding patterns and trends
- Estimate the number of days to review completion
- Measure the average number of documents reviewed per reviewer
The addition of deep linking allows you to share result sets and collaborate with your team. You can also use it to create bookmarks for pages you visit often for quick viewing. Simply copy and paste the URL of the selected page and share and save as you see fit.
In an effort to further enhance and accelerate workflows, core fields such as pick lists, dates, numbers, text, boolean, and memo fields can now be edited inline of the list view.
Core tools and functionality like processing and workflow have been added to the tools drop down in a continued effort to centralize critical functionality in one convenient location.
Ingestions for email processing is now 25% faster further decreasing the time it takes to get your case up and running.
Ringtail Mobile App
Ringtail Mobile Binders gives you the flexibility to view, search, annotate, and tag key documents from anywhere, at any time, all from the convenience of your iPad.
Predictive Coding: Visual Ranges
Ringtail’s predictive coding visualizations have been enhanced to make balancing precision and recall as easy as can be. Use the visual sliding scale to determine the appropriate thresholds for your review. New visual color ranges provide a more accurate view to the thresholds of key predictive coding variables to streamline review model creation and decision making.
Predictive Coding: Continuous Active Learning (CAL)
Applying Continuous Active Learning (CAL) to your Ringtail Predictive Coding review can now be achieved with just a few clicks of the mouse.
By activating Continuous Active Learning you can:
- Rapidly identify documents that are most likely of higher relevance earlier in the review process
- Begin the review process prior to receiving complete document sets
- Introduce new documents at any point in time without disrupting the review model
Predictive Coding: Automated Reporting
Automatically generate predictive coding summary reports to support court defensibility. Clearly communicate responsive documents, confidence, precision and recall range to validate review methodology.
Rendering Speed Acceleration
Ringtail has always provided users an interface that responds rapidly to user actions, now with rendering speed enhancements, users will experience a 3x increase in doc-to-doc rendering response time. This means load times for pages and native view are accelerated as well as download times and transitions from workspace-to-workspace.
Ringtail now supports Windows 10 using IE11 and Quick View Plus 13. Additionally, SQL 2014 is now supported atop Windows Server 2012. SQL 2008 continues to be supported atop Windows Server 2008.
The new timeline allows users to visualize document distribution over time and combine it with other variables like quick codes and search term families to rapidly narrow the set of documents in the Document Map for a more focused view.
Timeline is activated using Workspaces and can be used with result sets of up to 50,000 documents. Documents can be selected by date range or by time interval. The time frame for Timeline is configurable at the case, group, and user level.
Using Timeline you can:
- Select documents in a time range, a specific time interval, or a selection of specific time intervals.
- Change the date field used within the Timeline.
- Select a theme for Map and Timeline.
- Expand and collapse the Timeline.
- Enable permission to a group to use the Timeline (in Security>Features>Analysis).
- Set a default Timeline date for the case (in Case Setup>Case Defaults). The default date is Main Date.
- Select a default Timeline date for a group (in Security>Groups). If you do not set a group default date, the Timeline uses the case default.
- As a reviewer, select a different Timeline date field to use during a review.
Ringtail productions have been simplified to increase user ramp-up time and usability. Most notably, production list view has been redesigned to include intuitive iconage and descriptions to better the user experience.
New indicators include:
- Status: Icons are now used to show to indicate production status including Unlocking, Printing, or Upgrading. A Locked symbol appears for productions that are locked and printed.
- Name: The name of the production.
- Start #: The first production page label of the production appears after the production is locked.
- End #: The last production page label of the production appears after the production is locked.
- Documents: The number of documents coded to the production, regardless of production status.
- Pages: The number of pages in the production. This value appears after the production is locked.
- Creation/Locked date: For unlocked productions, this is the original creation date and time. For locked productions, this is the date and time when the lock job completed.
- Creator: The name of the user who created the production.
- Description: The description in the Production Details.
- Production Details and History: The production Details and History pages include the following changes:
Administrators can now clone the same export type and load file type within a case to drive repeatable performance with productions. Simply choose a load file template and click “Clone Template”. A new load file template is created with all of the original fields and settings which can then be modified as needed.
Predictive Coding is now easier to use with enhancements to populations and samples.
Notable improvements include:
- Populations and samples appear in a collapsible tree grid, with samples indented under their parent populations.
- Populations can be created explicitly from binders or saved searches.
- Populations can also be used in advanced and quick search.